What we stand for (and what we can’t stand).
Our Vision: To become your first choice for electrical services in the Hunter Valley.
And why wouldn’t you choose us?
After 30 years in the game, Maxx Electrical is one of the most experienced electricians in the Newcastle and Hunter Valley area.
What’s more, we:
- Offer extensive technical experience in all areas of general electrical and communications
- Possess extensive product and standards knowledge
- Consistently deliver safe, quality electrical services to all clients.
- Have a policy of honesty and integrity
- Encourage leadership, innovative action and common sense
- Focus on open communication and long-term relationships with our clients
- Take pride in our workmanship
- Respect people and our environment
We know you’ve had bad experiences with tradies in the past (don’t worry, we’ve worked with our fair share too). Maxx Electrical will not tolerate:
- Being late or not turning up to a job without informing you
- Leaving jobs half done
- Cranking commercial radio stations waaaaay too loud during a job
- Leaving a mess after a job
- Charging exorbitant fees for a quote
If our service is not up to your standards (we are only human after all!), please let us know and we will rectify the situation straight away.
Get to know the man behind Maxx.
So who is this fella that has been wiring up the Hunter Valley since the early ’80’s?
Mark Hellyer is a local Cardiff boy and commenced his electricians apprenticeship at age 17, contracting to John Perry Edmonds Moir. After completing his apprenticeship, he dived head first into running his own business, learning the tricks of the trade through pure hard work.
He started Cardiff Electrical and built up a loyal customer base, before expanding into Newcastle City Electrical Services.
He’s continued training and learning during his 30 year career due to the changing regulation and deregulation of the electrical and telecommunications industry.
Fun facts about Mark:
- Won apprentice of the year in 1984 for the Newcastle & Hunter region.
- Represented NSW country at baseball 15 consecutive times and assisted coaching grade baseball over a 10 year period.
- Brought up in a loud family who all loved a chat and a joke. This is where he gets his love of people and talking to everyone about anything.
- Seriously LOVES motorbikes. He’s always had a decent motorcycle and has gone from a postie bike at the age of 16, to MW road tourer to a Harley. Last year, he currently went for comfort and bought a Honda and shortly he will have a Boulevarde.
- Loves local live pub music and is usually the only guy who gets the dance-floor going.
- Electrical contractors licence number 182046C
- Long Service Employer Member 892955
- HIA Member 819530
- NECA Member 1262
- NESS Superannuation Employer Member 2694241
- Works Compensation GIO
- Public Liability Business Insurance $20 M coverage
- Owner: Cardiff Electrical Pty Ltd